WHAT'S SYOWING THIS WEEK?

SCREENING SKEDS of what's in Iloilo Theaters this Week...
SELECT YOUR THEATERS
|| FDCP Cinematheque || UPV Cinematheque || Robinsons Movieworld JARO ||
|| Robinsons Movieworld ILOILO || SM Cinema Iloilo ||
[all screening skeds are subject to change without prior notice]

Friday, March 7, 2014

300: Rise of an Empire Review

I thought I was probably going to dismiss this film as an immensely unnecessary sequel. A sequel which comes awfully too late, right when everybody else has already gone weary of seeing the imitated look of the first movie (from that TV series Spartacus to The Immortals, to The Legend of Hercules). But 300: Rise of an Empire did not turn out to be the garbage I was expecting to see. While I would not say that it was a good movie in critique standards, I wouldn’t deny that I did find myself having a great time with the movie. The key is to appreciate it for what it was: a cheap standard, eye candy spectacle. And even though it was just that, I can appreciate the effort to try to elevate it to a more respectable degree.
[read the FULL REVIEW, CLICK HERE]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog